As I get the hang of this whole meal planning thing, I’m doing my best to include easy meals that I can cook with ease during the week to feed my family of 6. Last week I made this delicious and Easy Sausage & Spinach Alfredo with cheese tortelloni that I just had to share!
Who doesn’t love a home cooked meal? Make that home cooked meal easy and you have yourself a winner! This is definitely one of those that you can even have the bigger kiddos get in the kitchen and help out if not cook it all themselves (with supervision of course).
An easy meal and everyone loved it!
My husband is not a fan of all things pasta and he was having to keep himself from filling up his plate a second time. The kids loved it too! Typically when I make a pasta dish I use ground beef and a marinara sauce and I’ll usually mix some heavy cream or Alfredo sauce in it. Which is fine, but I’m very guilty of being a creature of habit. I get in my zombie mode and I don’t always think of how to spice things up a bit until my sweet husband nudges me. 😉
When I set out to write out a serious meal plan last week I had some ground sausage in the freezer that I never used for it’s intended purpose. I peeked at Pinterest for some inspiration and I caught this combination as I scrolled through and just wrote it down. I had first planned to make it with ravioli, but my oldest son and I were shopping at our local Aldi and decided we’d pick up the cheese tortelloni instead. You can certainly use your favorite pasta. I highly recommend a filled one though because I would call this a “stretch” meal. I used just a pound of ground sausage, so a filled pasta makes it heartier in my opinion.
This isn’t a sponsored post, but can I just tell you guys… I LOVE Aldi! Without getting too nerdy about it, I bought everything there to make this meal and it cost about $10. It fed 5 of us heartily (our littlest guy is just getting started on baby food) and we had a nice portion leftover to have for lunch. It definitely makes shopping for our growing family easier. Plus where can our large family go and eat for $10 (with the exception of grandma’s house)? Yeah, no where comes to mind for me either.
I wrote this recipe using the names of all the products I picked up at Aldi, but feel free to use your favorites. 🙂
Take the stress out of dinner tonight and enjoy this Easy Sausage & Spinach Alfredo!
- 3 packages (250g) Priano Cheese Tortelloni
- 1 lb Appleton Farms Premium Pork Sausage
- ¼ c Countryside Creamery Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 15 oz jar Priano Creamy Alfredo Sauce
- 2 c Little Salad Bar Spinach, chopped
- Pepper to taste
- grated Parmesan & garlic bread (for serving)
- Cook pasta as directed.
- While the pasta is cooking, spray a large skillet with cooking spray and cook the ground sausage over medium heat.
- Once the sausage is cooked thoroughly, drain the fat off and return the sausage to the pan. Pour the entire jar of sauce over the sausage and stir. Allow it to heat to a gentle simmer and reduce the heat to low.
- Add the heavy cream and stir . Pepper to taste. Then stir in the chopped spinach. Allow it to simmer for a couple minutes to soften the spinach.
- Serve over warm tortelloni with some grated Parmesan and garlic bread.