Have you ever had trapped baked goods in your oven? No? Well, grab a glass of milk and let me tell you all about these Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies. 😉
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
If you follow me on Instagram, you would’ve seen the picture I posted of my locked oven. My sweet and cuddly little 19 month old son locked me out of my oven. Mind you… he is number 4, it took FOUR babies for one of them to do this while I was baking something.
Needless to say, no cookies were harmed in this mini kitchen nightmare. I can now say that I have par-baked cookies. LOL Thankfully, both the cookies and my toddler are just fine. He’s lucky he’s so cute and I didn’t pawn him off on his grandmother that day. 😉
Being the creature of habit that I am… anytime I make cookies they’re almost always a chocolate chip cookie of some kind. I had a bag of peanut butter chips in the pantry that I probably picked up when they were on sale thinking I was going to make something. Who knows… I don’t remember. 😀
At Christmastime I make a super delicious dark chocolate Andes mint cookie, so I pulled out that recipe and instead of using the mint flavorings in there I used regular cocoa (since that’s all I had left in the pantry… time for a restock), peanut butter chips, and some chopped peanuts.
Of course we already know that I am a lover of all things chocolate and peanut butter so these cookies fit that bill nicely. They have a nice buttery crispiness on the outside and chewy centers. I like to have them when they’re still just slightly warm shortly after they come out of the oven. YUM!
With the kids back at school these make a great lunchbox or after school treat. 😉
- 1 c (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- ¾ c sugar
- ¾ c brown sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 1¾ c flour
- ½ c cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1- 10oz bag peanut butter chips (I used Reese's)
- 1 c chopped peanuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream the butter and sugars together.
- Add the egg, vanilla, and instant coffee and continue beating on speed until light and fluffy, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt together. With the mixer on low speed add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture in 3 additions. Mix until well combined scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Mix the peanut butter chips and chopped peanuts into the batter by hand using a wooden spoon.
- Using a small cookie scoop, drop rounded balls of dough onto an ungreased (or parchment lined) cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on the pan for about a minute then move to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Store cookies in an airtight container or Ziploc bag.