I’m totally on a roll with the savory dish thing. I figure as long as I have decent daylight to take some pics and I make something especially tasty and simple that I’ll share it with all of you. Sharing is caring after all! 🙂 Check out this One-Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta I made.
One-Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta
Once again this was a total meal-on-the-fly kind of a thing. I was gonna make one thing, then over the course of the day I shifted gears. We have tacos often… well because tacos! They’re so easy and everyone just builds their own and they’re tasty of course. On the other side of that the kids haven’t really met a pasta dish that they don’t like. Pasta again is one of those easy get-your-family-fed kind of a thing. Needless to say, we decided on a mash up in the interest of working what I had in the pantry. 😉
Some of the recipes that I found used salsa in their dish. I did not because I still have some kiddos that downright refuse to eat tomato. They’ll have it pureed, like in pizza or spaghetti sauce, but goodness forbid there is a chunk of tomato in something. Anyway, I didn’t miss it… I just chopped some roma tomatoes into my guacamole and I was all good.
This one-pot cheesy taco pasta was easy to make and it came together quickly. It’s also one of those meals that I could get the kids to help me with… like my daughter can chopped the veggies while my son shreds the cheese. 😀 Since we are now getting back into the school groove I’m pretty sure that I’ll be making this again soon.
So if you find yourself stuck between carpool and what to make for dinner, give this easy One-Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta a try!
- 1 lb box pasta, rotinni or shells work nicely
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1- 15½ oz can of black beans, drained
- 1 c corn (I used frozen)
- 1 packet of your favorite taco seasoning
- ¼ - ¾ c water
- juice of half a lime
- 1- 8 oz brick of cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ c sour cream
- toppings (optional): shredded cheddar cheese, roma tomatoes, avocado, pico de gallo, salsa, guacamole, tortilla chips, chopped onions, black olives, lime wedge, sour cream or crema, cilantro, taco sauce
- Cook pasta as directed on the package.
- While the pasta is cooking, brown the ground beef. Drain the beef and add the black beans (drained) and corn. Add the taco seasoning and squeeze lime juice over the meat and beans. I found that even after draining the beans there was still some moisture there so I did not need to add as much water. Begin with ¼ c of water and add it if needed. Mix it all together.
- By this time the pasta should be about done. Drain it and return it to the pot.
- Add the seasoned meat and bean mixture and shredded cheddar cheese, stir it all together. You can do this over low heat to keep everything warm.
- Once the cheese is nice and melty add the sour cream and gently stir that through.
- Serve the pasta with your favorite toppings like guacamole, tomatoes, sour cream, cilantro, or tortilla chips. (see the ingredients list for more ideas)